Thursday 5 January 2012

Book Review: 8, The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf

Book 8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf, written and illustrated by Michael Mullin, ebook, 2010.

Source:  From the author.

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Written in verse, this is the previously untold story of the previously unknown 8th dwarf, named Creepy. He is banished to the basement for being different and, well, weird. Yet he plays a vital - and of course previously unknown - role in the popular tale of Snow White (whose title character is an intruder Creepy refers to as "the Maid").


My Thoughts:
I love the retelling of stories and myths and so was eager to read 8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf.  It is a short story,only 7 pages long, written in verse and is about Creepy, the up until now unknown 8th dwarf from Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs.

This was a fun, clever, short read.  The poetry was easy to get into and there was a quirky humour throughout.  Creepy was really creepy, even the other dwarfs didn't like him, but he also had a certain practicality about him.  I have found myself frustrated by Snow White myself and how gullible she is, so I enjoyed reading Creepy's encounters with her.

This is definitely an adult read, but one that is quick and entertaining.  I love dark humour and this certainly fits the bill.

Author's Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.